JUST GOTTEN ENGAGED? HERE ARE OUR TIPS TO ENJOY THIS SPECIAL TIME
- Enjoy your engagement. So many couples rush into booking a venue/picking a dress etc, take some time to really enjoy the feeling of being engaged - you'll only have this time once in your lives so make the most of it
- Be prepared for 'when's the big day' questions from family & friends - they're excited too and can't wait to find out when you're going to set the date
- Once the dust has settled, have an evening/lunch etc alone to discuss what you both want for your wedding. You may have grand plans for 300 of your nearest & dearest with a horse-drawn carriage, and your now fiance may have always dreamed of white sands, 35 degree heat and just you and two witnesses! It's funny many couples have never discussed what they actually want to do for their wedding until they're engaged. And so the big word that you will get used to hearing for all your married life comes into it - compromise! You both need to be happy with your day & find a happy medium.
- Have an engagement party - whether it's an intimate get-together with close friends and family, or you're creating an event on facebook and inviting everyone you know - I'd recommend an engagement party to everyone. It's such a special night, surrounded by everyone you both love, celebrating your love for eachother. It will really get you excited for the planning ahead. Sometimes, it can be easier to have the party once you've decided on a date & venue, as you're going to get the dreaded 'when's the big day' question from every single guest at your party, but it's not a necessity. Celebrate your love for eachother & your happiness at your engagement - everyone will be delighted to attend to do the same with you. Our Library Bar is a perfect spot for engagement parties too.
- Start browsing. Pinterest is going to become your best friend. You will no longer be looking at clothes online, but wedding dresses. And every penny you spend on unnecessary things will suddenly make you think - 'we should be putting this towards the wedding..' But it's all worth it. Your wedding day is truly the happiest day of your life. And the planning/engagement process is the best time of your life - preparing for a happy life together & bringing all your ideas together to create your wedding day is such an exciting, fun time.
- Decide on your ceremony. It's the most important part of the entire day - you both expressing your love for eachother infront of your nearest & dearest & legally binding you together forever! Church, Civil, Humanist, Spiritualist - they all have their individualities and pros / cons - again, this could be something you and your fiance have never even thought of, let alone discussed, so talk about the ceremony you each want and why you want it. Once you're both happy and a decision is made, look into your celebrant, whether that be a priest or a solemniser, and decide on where you are going to have the ceremony. Read more on Planning Your Ceremony.
- Start talking about venues. We love hearing from couples ready to plan their big day. We have various Banqueting Suites, plus our Balcone Restaurant for more intimate wedding celebrations. We are here to help you every step of the way - setting the date can be a daunting experience we know! As the Midlands Leading Wedding Venue, the Bridge House, Tullamore, Co Offaly can give you the wedding of your dreams, and our Wedding Experts are here for you every step of the way. Come and start your wedding journey with us - enquire today!
We can't wait to meet you!